OCG 2017.04 Metagame Report #2
Welcome to Week #2 of the OCG 2017.04 format.
This report will tabulate 32 top-performing decks from 6 tournaments that were held in Japan during 8 – 9 April 2017.
New Product Release
- Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Manga Volume 3
- D/D/D Destiny King Zero Laplace
- 12 True Draco:
- 9 Demise True Draco
- 2 Mono True Draco
- 1 Invoked True Draco
- 9 True King Dinosaur:
- 8 True King Dinosaur
- 1 True King Yang Zing Dinosaur
- 5 True Draco Metalfoes Kozmo
- 3 Zoodiac:
- 2 Mono Zoodiac
- 1 Kaiju Zoodiac
- 1 Dinosaur Yang Zing
- 1 Greener Infernoid
- 1 Kaiju Atlantean Mermail
Magic Deflector is a very niche tech card for stopping Dragonic Diagram and Set Rotation.
It is a very metagame-specific tech choice that might lose its relevant when the metagame shifts after Code of the Duelist.
True King Dinosaur
It seems that Eradicator Epidemic Virus was just a fad as most players are no longer running it.
Although Nekomaru (猫丸) had 2 copies in his Side Deck, he mentioned that he barely used his Side Deck.
The initial weeks of OCG 2017.04 has settled mainly among Demise True Draco, True King Dinosaur and True Draco Metalfoes Kozmo.
Code of the Duelist will be released later this week, and we might experience a metagame shift.
YOT Hong Kong 2017 is happening this weekend and it will be the very first major tournament to be held with Code of the Duelist available. Follow us at Yu-Gi-Oh! Events for coverage of YOT Hong Kong 2017.
- 2017-04-09 | Clover Game SP
- 2017-04-09 | 7th Dosanko CS with Hatti CS (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- 2017-04-09 | HAKATA CUP (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- 2017-04-09 | 31st Adachi CS (1st: A, B, C, D, E | 2nd: A, B, C Main Extra/Side, D, E)
- 2017-04-08 | 5th Hinoki Cup
- 2017-04-08 | Tokyo Yu-Gi-Oh! CS in Adachi with Hatti CS (1st: A, B, C | 2nd: A, B, C)
why zoodiacs can’t die?
Fan favorite <3
Why people dont play typhoon in TD main deck. It looks great in TD deck against TD to pop enemy dragonic
Because it can’t respond to Diagram immediately as it requires another spell/trap to be present on the field, and that doesn’t always happen, which may lead to it being a useless brick
Can someone give me a deck list of the last deck I can’t make out some of those cards
Why Number 85: Crazy Box on the True King Dinosaur?
Against opponents that are playing Skill Drain.