OCG 2017.01 Metagame Report #6, #7
Welcome to Week #6, #7 of the OCG 2017.01 format.
There were only 4 tournaments held on Week #6, hence their results are compiled together with Week #7.
This report will cover 61 top-performing decks from 12 tournaments that were held in Japan and China during 1 – 12 February 2017.
- 20th Anniversary Pack 2nd Wave
- 48 Zoodiac:
- 27 Mono Zoodiac
- 16 Kaiju Zoodiac
- 5 Master Peace Zoodiac
- 13 Others:
- 6 Zoodiac True Draco
- 3 Windwitch Invoked
- 2 Zoodiac True Draco Metalfoes
- 1 Greener Zoodiac Predaplant Shiranui
- 1 Zoodiac True King
The OCG 2017.01 metagame has stabilized with mono Zoodiac and Kaiju Zoodiac outperforming their competition.
The current popular builds of mono Zoodiac and Kaiju Zoodiac are essentially the same deck – mono Zoodiac runs Kaiju in the Side Deck, while Kaiju Zoodiac runs Traps in the Side Deck.
It is simply down to personal preference to run Kaiju or Traps in the Main Deck for the 1st Duel, and then Side Decking accordingly for the 2nd and 3rd Duel.
True Draco had a brief impact on the competitive scene, but players are now back to mono/Kaiju Zoodiac.
- 2017-02-12 | 7th Tsuchiura CS (1st, 2nd, 3 – 4th)
- 2017-02-12 | Duel City China Yu-Gi-Oh! Super League Kunming
- 2017-02-11 | 157th ALANN CUP
- 2017-02-11 | 51st Trading Card Mania Yu-Gi-Oh! CS
- 2017-02-11 | 4th Hinoki Cup
- 2017-02-11 | 2nd Kita-Osaka CS with Hatti CS
- 2017-02-11 | 7th Tsuchiura CS Eve Festival (1st: A, B, C | 2nd: A, B, C | 3rd: A, B, C)
- 2017-02-11 | 2nd Ueda GP (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- 2017-02-05 | 7th Mitsui CS with Hatti CS (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- 2017-02-04 | HRBCS with Hatti CS (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- 2017-02-04 | Duel City China Yu-Gi-Oh! Super League Shantou
- 2017-02-01 | 3rd 5910m Championship Guangxi 2017