OCG 2021.04 Metagame Report #9, #10
Welcome to Week #9, #10 of the OCG 2021.04 format.
This report will cover 86 top-performing decks from 17 tournaments that were held in Japan and mainland China during 29 May – 9 June 2021.
- Legendary Monsters Pack
- Mystical Elf – Mystical Burst Stream
- Kaiser Glider – Golden Burst
- Giltia the D. Knight – Soul Spear
- 16 Zoodiac Tri-Brigade
- 14 Virtual World
- 6 Zoodiac
- 5 Phantom Knights
- 4 Dragonmaid
- 4 Eldlich (2 Eldlich, 1 Dogmatika Eldlich, 1 Zombie Eldlich)
- 4 Shaddoll (2 Invoked Shaddoll, 2 Grass Invoked Shaddoll)
- 3 Salamangreat
- 3 Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc
- 3 Zefra
- 2 Adamancipator
- 2 Drytron
- 2 Endymion
- 2 Megalith
- 2 Orcust
- 2 Sky Striker
- 2 @Ignister
- 1 Code Talker
- 1 Evil★Twin
- 1 Gravekeeper
- 1 Numeron
- 1 Prank-Kids
- 1 Sky Striker Mekk-Knight
- 1 Speedroid
- 1 SPYRAL
- 1 True King Scrap Dinosaur
- 1 Grass Chaos Necro Thunder Dragon
Inco (インコ) went 6-0-3 and finished 1 – 2nd in “Asaka Cup (Individual Battle)” which had 65 participants.
Running 2 or 3 copies of Solemn Judgment in the Side Deck is a recent change among Zoodiac Tri-Brigade. Solemn Judgment could be used to negate Spell/Trap cards and are sided in when going first to supplement their weakness towards Spell/Trap cards, thus strengthening their opening setup.
Scordia (スコーディア) went 7-0-1 and finished 1st in “24th Next Play Cup” which had 61 participants.
Dark Ruler No More is being played in the Side Deck as an answer against Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc, which has been seeing an increase in usage and is often one of the most played decks among participants in several tournaments. Lyrilusc are able to negate Spell/Trap cards using Mist Valley Apex Avian Special Summoned by Simorgh, Bird of Sovereignty, hence the answer needs to be able to play through an untargetable Mist Valley Apex Avian. Kaiju is an alternative choice that some players would choose to run in the Side Deck.
At the end of the OCG 2021.04 format, Tri-Brigade maintains its lead. It has managed to hold onto the first position throughout the whole OCG 2021.04 format. The last deck that was able to hold onto the first position across consecutive weeks throughout the format was Orcust in the OCG 2020.01 format when they could run 3 copies of Girsu, the Orcust Mekk-Knight.
Even so, Zoodiac Tri-Brigade is seeing a relatively slight decrease in usage, possibly due to some players switching over to experiment with Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc. This has allowed Virtual World to significantly close up on the gap between them.
If you enjoyed these Weekly Metagame Reports, consider supporting Road of the King on Patreon. Cheers!
- 2021-06-09 | 25th Next Play Cup
- 2021-06-08 | 185th Oretachi Trading Card Club CS
- 2021-06-06 | 6th Hagetaka CS
- 2021-06-06 | 35th Taiyo CS
- 2021-06-06 | Asaka CS (Individual Battle) (1 – 2nd: A, B | 3 – 4th: A, B | 5 – 8th: A, B, C, D)
- 2021-06-05 | Asaka Cup (2v2 Team Battle)
- 2021-06-05 | 24th Next Play Cup
- 2021-06-05 | Hagetaka CS in Nara
- 2021-06-05 | Dayuzhou TCG Ranking Tournament
- 2021-06-05 | Qidian Cards Ranking Tournament
- 2021-06-02 | 23rd Next Play Cup
- 2021-05-30 | Asaka CS (Individual Battle)
- 2021-05-30 | Zekken CS 2v2 Team Battle (1st: A, B | 2nd: A, B | 3rd: A, B | 4th: A, B)
- 2021-05-30 | 22nd Next Play Cup