OCG 2017.01 Metagame Report #8
Welcome to Week #8 of the OCG 2017.01 format.
This report will cover 56 top-performing decks from 10 tournaments that were held in Japan and Taiwan during 18 – 19 February 2017.
- 40 Zoodiac:
- 29 Mono Zoodiac
- 10 Kaiju Zoodiac
- 1 Master Peace Zoodiac
- 8 True Draco:
- 7 Zoodiac True Draco
- 1 Kaiju True Draco
- 8 Others:
- 3 Zoodiac True Draco Metalfoes
- 3 Zoodiac True King
- 1 Greener Zoodiac Infernoid
- 1 Kaiju Zoodiac Kozmo
Mono Zoodiac remains as the most popular variant of Zoodiac.
Stardust Charge Warrior is gaining popularity for breaking out of Flying “C”, by using Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit or Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring as the Tuner for the Synchro Summon.
The 1st Hero CS had 76 participants with the following distribution:
- 23 Zoodiac True Draco (30.26%)
- 21 mono Zoodiac (27.63%)
- 11 Kaiju Zoodiac (14.47%)
Although Zoodiac True Draco had the majority representation, only 1 made it to the Top 4. The other Top 4 were 2 mono Zoodiac and 1 Kaiju Zoodiac.
Zoodiac True Draco remains popular, but performs poorly in tournaments.
- 2017-02-19 | Asia Championship 2017 Central Taiwan Winter Pre-Qualifier
- 2017-02-19 | Hatti CS × PAO Hachioji Cup (3v3 Team)
- 2017-02-19 | 3rd Trading Card Market Mini Team CS
- 2017-02-19 | 12th Yu-Gi-Oh! Takatsuki CS
- 2017-02-19 | 7th Yu-Gi-Oh! Shin-Kurashiki CS
- 2017-02-18 | 55th Aichi CS with Hatti CS (Individual)
- 2017-02-18 | 55th Aichi CS with Hatti CS (3v3 Team) (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- 2017-02-18 | Hatti CS × PAO Hachioji Cup (Individual)
- 2017-02-18 | 1st Hero CS
- 2017-02-18 | Tokyo Yu-Gi-Oh! CS in Honcho