Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2016 Forbidden and Limited List
The World Championship 2016 will be utilizing a combination of both OCG 2016.07 and TCG 2016.04 list for their special Forbidden and Limited List. The highest restriction status between both list will be applied for each card.
- The latest allowed set in the World Championship 2016 is “Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions Movie Pack”.
- All exclusive cards from the Japanese OCG, Korean OCG, American TCG or European/Oceanic TCG without a worldwide release are forbidden.
- Emergency Provisions, Mystik Wok, Rainbow Life and Tri-and-Guess are not forbidden in either OCG or TCG list, but they are forbidden in the Japan World Championship Qualifiers.
- Ascension Sky Dragon and Blood Mefist are not forbidden in either OCG or TCG list, but they are forbidden for being difficult to obtain Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series Prize Cards in the TCG.
- Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn is not limited in either OCG or TCG list, but it is limited for being a difficult to obtain Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series 2016 Prize Card in the TCG.
- Magician’s Robe and Scapeghost are forbidden because while they were released in Shining Victories: Special Edition, they are still considered to be originally from The Dark Illusion. The Dark Illusion is not allowed for the World Championship 2016.